Puerto Rico Disaster Recovery Trip
PLEASE NOTE: THIS TRIP IS AT CAPACITY AND REGISTRATION HAS BEEN CLOSED.
Tennessee CBF churches have been asked to assist with the disaster recovery effort in Puerto Rico through CBF partner congregation First Baptist Church of Metropolis, PR.
Here are the details:
- November 2-9, 2018
- Types of work include: repairing homes, roof work, restoring water lines, nursing home visitation, clearing of damaged and littered farmland. Most of the work is to be done in the poorest sections of San Juan; other work will occur outside of the city.
- You DO NOT need a passport. Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. However, you DO need two valid forms of identification to travel
- We will be staying and worshiping at First Baptist Church Metropolis, PR.
- The cost is $600 per person and includes round trip airfare from NASHVILLE to San Juan, ground transportation in Puerto Rico, three meals a day, lodging while in Puerto Rico, and a T-shirt!
- Full payment is required by September 10. Registration requires a $100.00 deposit payable via credit card.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to go. There will be work for every age and ability, so don’t think you’re too old, too inexperienced or too young!
- Questions? Contact Tennessee Field Coordinator Rick Bennett at 865.297.3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org or East Tennessee Regional Representative and project lead Pastor Lee Fox.
- For more information on the general situation in Puerto Rico, consider watching: Blackout in Puerto Rico, a PBS Frontline documentary.
Please begin praying now for the success of our effort and let’s GO | Together to Puerto Rico in November!